- ANTI-INFECTIVE & ANTIBACTERIAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Ointment
- Composition : Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.25 mg+Alcoholic extract of Tar 50 mg / gr
- Active Substance : Fluocinolone Acetonide+Alcoholic extract of Tar
– Fluocinolone Acetonide is a corticosteroid which has anti-inflammatory and ntipruritic, and vasoconstricting actions .
– Alcoholic extract of tar : tars and its oils can reduce the thickness of the epidermis ,they are antipruritic and may be weakly antiseptic . They are topically in the treatment of a variety of skin disorders including eczema and psoriasis .
Cinolon – Tar is chifly indicated for the treatment of psoriasis .
In addition of chronic refractory eczema, lichen .
– Hypersensitivity to any of the components product .
– Tuberculosis of the skin, pyoderma, and syphilitic and viral skin affections .
Side effects :
Cinolon – Tar may cause irritation of the skin or folliculitis in some patients
– should not be used on mucosa , genitals and rectal area .
– Long – term treatment and applications on large areas may lead to penetration of
the Corticosteroid, and appearance of general systemic effects to the corticosteroid .
– If irritation develops, therapy should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted .
– This product should not be applied to broken or inflamed skin .
– Cinolon – Tar should not be contacted with the conjunctiva .
– Cinolon – Tar is not recommended in children under 5 years .
– Pregnancy and lactation : used with physician advise .
Dosage & Administration :
Apply a thin layer of Cinolon – Tar topically twice daily . The normal duration of
treatment is (23-) weeks . For follow-up therapy pure corticosteroid is recommended .
Storage conditions : store up to 30oC
Packing : Tube 20 – 40 g .