- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Dexamethasone Sodium Phose.1 mg/ 1 ml
- Active Substance : Dexamethasone Sodium Phose
A highly effective anti-inflammatory agent for use in a wide range of ocular inflammations .
For use in following treatment inflammatory conditions :
1) Acute and chronic anterior uveitis, iritis, iridocyclitis, cyclitis, and Herpes zoster ophthalmic .
2) External disease : such as non-specific superficial keratitis; phlycten-ar keratoconjunctivitis; vernal allergic catarrhal and non-purulent conjunctivitis ; in recurrent marginal ulceration of toxic or allergic etiology; thermal and chemical burns; post-operatively to reduce inflammatory reactions
Severe to acute inflammations : apply topically, one or two drops in the )eye)s every thirty to sixty minutes for at least three to four days or until a statisfactory response is made; then every two to three hours for one to two weeks .
Herpes simplex and other viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva, fungal disease; tuberculosis and acute purulent untreated infections Precautions :
1) Extended use of topical steroids may increase intraocular pressure which should be checked frequently .
2) In disease causing thinning of cornea,perforation ha s been known to occur with the use of topical steroids .
3) If the inflammation does not respond within a reasonable period, other forms of therapy should be instituted .
4) If any reactions indicating sensitivity is observed, discontinue use
5) in cases of bacterial infections, concomitant use of antibiotics or chemotherapeutics is mondatory .
6) Pregnancy and nursing .
Store at temperature below 25° C
How supplied :
Dexamed ophthalmic solution : bottle of 10 mL