- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS
- ANTI-INFECTIVE AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Ointments
- Composition : Polymyxin B Sulphate 7500 IU + Neomycin Sulphate 5 mg + Dexamethasone Sod. Phose. 1.32 mg + Gramicidin 0.02 mg/ 1 gr
- Active Substance : Polymyxin B Sulphate+Neomycin Sulphate+Dexamethasone Sod. Phose.+Gramicidin
Dexapolycid contains four effective anti inflammatory
* Polymyxin B and Neomycin offer a broad – spectrum antibiotics effectiveness against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria .
Polymyxin B is more active against pseudomonas pyocyanea .
* Gramicidin : is an active antibiotic for wide spectrum of gram-positive bacteria except bacilli and gram-negative bacteria especially neisseria
* Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate : is a steroid substance helps in The treatment of many inflammatory eye lesions .
Dexapolycid is used in the following cases :
* Postoperatively as a prophylactic treatment .
* Treatment of infective ocular inflammation produced by organisms which are sensitive to Neomycin – Gramicidin – Polymyxin B .
*Treatment of chronic and acute inflammations such as :
– Non purulent conjunctivitis – Blepharoconjunctivitis
– Keratoconjunctivitis – Non specific superficial keratitis
– Iridocyclitis – Acute iritis
– Kerato ulcer – Blepharitis
– Scleroconjunctivitis and non purulent scleritis .
Dexapolycid do not use in the following cases :
* Fungal and tuberculous eye lesions and many viral lesions ( herpes Simplex / dendritic keratitis ) .
* Vaccinia . * Varicella .
* Acute purulent conjunctivitis and acute purulent blepharitis .
* Hypersensitivity to any of its components .
* Extended use of topical therapy may cause increased intra-ocular pressure in certain individuals which should be checked Frequently during therapy period .
* Prolonged use of topical steroids may produce to perforation of cornea .
* Prolonged use may result overgrowth non-susceptible organisms including fungi .
* If any sensitive reactions appear, discontinue therapy .
Dosage & Administration :
Ophthalmic drops : instill (1-2) drops in the conjunctival sac (4-6) times daily .
Ophthalmic ointment : Apply small amount into the conjunctival sac
(3-4) times daily, may be used adjunctively with drops at bed time .
the dosage may be decrease after 3-4 days when any favorable reasons obtained .
Packaging : * Ophthalmic Drops : bottle 10 ml.
* Ophthalmic Oint. : tube 5 g.