- LIPID - LOWERING DRUGS
- CARDIOVASCULAR DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Tablets
- Composition : Ezetimibe 10 mg / Tab
- Active Substance : Ezetimibe
Easy Fat is indicated as an adjunct to lifestyle changes including diet, in the following cases:
1- Primary Hypercholesterolemia
Easy Fat administered alone or with an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (statin), is indicated as adjunctive therapy to diet for the reduction of :
• Elevated total cholesterol (total-C) .
• Low density lipoprotein cholesterol ( LDL-C ).
• Apolipoprotein B (Apo B), and Triglycerides (TG).
2- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) : Easy Fat administered with a statin , Is indicated for the reduction of :
• Elevated total-C .
• LDL-C levels in patients with HoFH as an adjunct to treatment such as LDL apheresis or if such treatment are not possible .
3- Homozygous Sitosterolemia :
• Easy Fat is indicated as adjunctive therapy to diet for the reduction of elevated sitosterol and
Campesterol levels in patients with homozygous familial sitosterolemia .
Dosage and Administration :
Patients should be placed on a standard cholesterol- lowering diet befor receiving Easy Fat and should continue on this diet during treatment with Easy Fat .
If appropriate a program of weight control and physical exercise should be implemented .
Prior to initiating therapy with Easy Fat , secondary causes for elevations in plasma lipid levels such as “ diabetes , Hypothyroidism , Obstructive liver disease, Chronic renal insufficiency, and using other drugs” should be excluded. A lipid profile should also be performed .
The recommended dose of Easy Fat is 10 mg once daily orally , alone or with a statin .
Easy Fat can be taken with or without food at any time of the day but preferably at the same time each day .
Use in the Elderly :
No dosage adjustment is required for elderly patients .
Use in Pediatric Patients :
No dosage adjustment is required in Children and adolescents ≥ 10 years .
Use in Patients with Hepatic Impairment :
No dosage adjustment is required in patients with hepatic insufficiency .
Treatment with Easy Fat is not recommended in patients with moderate or severe liver dysfunction.
20 Tablet in a box .