- OTHER OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Phenylephrine HCl 1.2 mg+Zinc Sulphate 2.5 mg / 1 ml
- Active Substance : Phenylephrine HCl+Zinc Sulphate
Phenylephrine is a sympathomimetic agent with mainly direct effect on Alpha adrenoceptors, it is used as anti-congestive for the relief of minor ocular irritations disaccompanied with inflammation .
Zinc Sulphate has a constrictive effect .
For the treatment of :
– Mild and moderate infections,allergic,inflamation or cararrh of conjunctiva
– Temporary relief of discomfort and congestion caused by minor ocular irritations .
– Narrow angle glaucoma .
– Hypersensitivity to any of its components .
– In infants and patients with aneurysms .
– Frinocid should be given with caution to nursing mother and to pregnant woman only if clearly needed .
– should be given with caution in patients with hypertensive , cardiac diseases , and hyperthyroidism .
– If irritation persists or increases, discontinue use .
Side effects :
– Prolonged use may cause increasing of intraocular pressure .
– In some patients may occur slight dilation of the pupil or hypersensitivity .
Drug interactions :
– Chelated may occur between Zinc sulfate and Tetracycline .
– Tricyclic antidepressant, propranolol, reserpine, guanethidine, methyl dopa Beta-blockling agents, Atropine like drugs and MAO inhibitors .
instill tow drops in the eye , three times daily or as needed .
Important Note : Frinocid ophthalmic solution should not be used after one month of opening the container .
Packaging : Bottle of 5 – 10 ml.