- ANTI-INFECTIVE AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Polymyxin B Sulphate 7500 IU + Neomycin Sulphate 5 mg+ Gramicidin 0.02 mg/ 1 ml
- Active Substance : Gramicidin+Neomycin Sulphate+Polymyxin B Sulphate
Polycid drops contains three effective anti inflammatory
* Polymyxin B and Neomycin : have a property of active antibiotics wide spectrum for gram positive and gram negative bacteria Polymyxin B is more active against pseudomonas pyocyanea .
* Gramicidin : is an active antibiotic for wide spectrum of gram-positive bacteria except bacilli and gram-negative bacteria especially neisseria
Polycid drops is indicated for the topical treatment of suferficial infection of the external eye and its adnexa caused by susceptible bacteria , such infections encompass conjunctivitis , keratitis and Keratoconjunctivitis , blepharitis and belpharoconjunctivitis .
Adverse reactions :
Most common side effects are allergic sensitization reactions including itching , swelling , and conjunctival erythema .
more serious hypersensitivity reactions , including anaphylaxis , have been reported rarely .
– Patients have hypersensitivity to any of its components .
* should be given to pregnant woman only if clearly needed
* caution should be used to a nursing mother .
* if purulent discharge , inflammation or pain becomes aggravated , the patient should discontinue use of medication and consult a physician .
* Prolonged use may result overgrowth organism including fungi .
* discontinue treatment when noticed any sensitive reactions .
Dosage & Administration :
Instill one or two drops into the affected eye every 4 hours for ( 7 – 10 ) days .
In severe infections , dosage may be increased to two drops every hour .
Storage conditions :
Keep in a cool and dry place below 30° c
Bottle 10 ml.