- ANTI-INFECTIVE AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Sulphacetamide Sodium 100 mg/ 1 ml
- Active Substance : Sulphacetamide Sodium
Sulfonamides exerts a bacteriostatic effect against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative organism includin pyogeniccocci,gonococci, escherichia coli and koch’s bacillus, by restricting through competition with bara-aminobenzoic acid, the synthesis of Folic acid which bacteria require for growth
Sulphacetamide Medico is indicated for the treatment of conjunctivitis, corneal ulcer and other superficial ocular infections due to suscep-tible microorganisms, and as adjunctive treatment in systemic sulfonamide therapy of trachoma
Hypersensitivity to sulfonamides .
Adverse reactions :
* Rarely may causes stevens-Johnson syndrome and systemic lupus
*Sulphacetamide Medico drops may causes transient local irritation, stinging and burning .
A significant percentage of staphylococcal isolates are completely resistant to sulfa drugs .
* Sulfonamid preparations are incompatible with silver prepa- ration .
* Nonsusceptible organisms, including fungi may proliferate with the use of this preparation .
* If signs of sensitivity or other untowerd reactions occur discontinue use of the preparation .
* Sulphacetamide Medico are inactivated by the amino-benzoic acid present inpurulent exudaties .
Dosage & Administration :
1 -2 drops into conjunctival sac every 2 – 3 hours during the day .
Note : once opened the drops must not be used for longer than one month .
Storage Condition :
Store at temperature below 25°C , protect from light .
Bottle of 10 ml.