- Topical Local Decongestants
- Ear, Nose, and Oropharynx
- Pharmaceutical Form : Nazal Drops
- Composition : Naphazoline HCl 0.50 mg + Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg + Benzalkonium Chloride 0.2 mg / 1 ml
- Active Substance : Naphazoline HCl+Chlorpheniramine Maleate+ Benzalkonium Chloride
The active ingredients which is included in the Sulphedrin drops are having supplementary effects to each other .
The Naphazoline HCL compound is of a specific alpha – sympath omimetic receptors stimulant .
It is a vasoconstrictor used in treating common cold and reduces swelling and nasal congestions when applied to mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tracts .
Chlorpheniramine maleate is considered to be one of the most effective non steroidal
antiallergic preparations .
Which is successfully used in the treatment of allergic conditions whether it was systemic or topically applied . Which enhances the effect of Naphazoline and reduces the allergic conditions accompanying common cold and upper respiratory tracts congestions .
Seasonal allergic rhinitis, common cold , nasal allergic congestions , and sinusitis .
Contra indications :
The product is not recommended in case of sicca rhinitis .
Uses and Administration :
* Adults and children over 6 years :
Sulphedrin adults drops : 1 – 2 drops instilled in each nostril 1 – 4 times .
* Children 3- 6 years :
Sulphedrin children drops : instil one drop in each nostril 1 – 2 times daily .
Storage Conditions :
Store up to 30°C
* Sulphedrin adults : Bottle of 10 ml.
* Sulphedrin children : Bottle of 10 ml.