- NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Suppositories
- Composition : Tolmetin ( as sodium) 400 mg / Supp
- Active Substance : Tolmetin
Tolomide is indicated :
* for the relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthitis.
* for the treatment acute flares and in long term management of the chronic disease .
* for the treatment juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage and administration:
In adults with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, the recommended starting dose is 400 mg three times daily, preferably including a dose on arising and a dose at bedtime for one or two weeks .
The recommended starting dose for children (2 years and older) is 20 mg/kg/day in divided doses(t.i.d or q.i.d)
If gastrointestinal symptoms occur, Tolomide can be administered with antacids other than sodium bicarbonate .
Management of overdosage :In the event of overdosage ,the stomach should be emptied by inducing vomiting or by gastric lavage followed by the administration of activated charcoal.