- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS AND ANTIPYRETICS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Tablets
- Composition : Paracetamol 500 mg + Codeine phosphate 10 mg /Tab
- Active Substance : Codeine phosphate +Paracetamol
Paracetamol provides analgesic, anitipyretic action of rapid onset and offers significantly lower incidence of gastrointestinal irritation or bleeding
Codeine because of its analgesic and antitussive activities and relatively, low incidence of addiction, is one of the most frequently prescribed opiates.
Ultracod provides enhanced analgesia in conditions requiring the control of mild to moderate pain.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
– Ultracod is recommended in headache, toothache, sinusitis, influenza, common cold, migraine, neuralgia, arthritis, myalgias, dysmenorrhea and rheumatoid conditions.
– Ultracod is also indicated as analgesic – antipyretic – antitussive in cases of respiratory diseases such as frequent dry cough and bronchial cough.
– Ultracod may be prescribed for patients who cannot tolerate salicylate combinations such as those who experience salicylate sensitivity, gastric irritation or are receiving
Ultracod should not be administered to patients who are sensitive to either Paracetamol or Codeine
-If a rare sensitivity reaction occurs, treatment should be discontinued
– Hepatic toxicity has been reported with acute overdoses to short time
-Pregnancy, Nursing Mothers:
Only under Physician’s instructions
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
One to two tablets to be repeated as required, but not exceeding 8 tablets daily, or as
directed by the physician
Store Ultracod at room temperature, less than 30 ºC.
Keep Ultracod out of the reach of children.
Packing: Box of 20 tablets
Box of 500 tablets