- ANTI-INFECTIVE DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Tablets
- Composition : Norfloxacin 400 mg /Tab
- Active Substance : Norfloxacin
Ultraflox is indicated for the treatment of :
* Upper and lower, complicated and uncomplicated, acute and chronic urinary tract Infections, these infections include cystitis, pyelitis, cystopyelitis, pyelonephritis, chronic prostatis, epididymitis and those urinary infections associated with urologic surgery, neurogenic bladder or nephrolithiasis, caused by bacteria susceptible to Norfloxacin
* Acute bacterial gastroenteritis caused by susceptible organisms .
* Gonorrheal urethritis, proctitis or cervicitis caused by both pencillinase and Nonpencillinase producing neisseria gonorrheal .
* Typhoid fever .
* Infections caused by multiple-resistant organisms .
* The prophylaxis of infections in patients with profound neutropenia .
Dosage & Administration :
* Urinary tract infections : 400 mg. b.i.d for 7 – 10 days .
* Uncomplicated acute cystitis : 400 mg. b.i.d for up to 12 weeks .
* Chronic recurrent urinary tract infections : 400 mg. b.i.d for up to 12 weeks .
* Acute bacterial gastroenteritis : 400 mg. b.i.d for 5 days .
* Acute gonorrheal urethritis, proctitis or cervicitis : 800 mg single dose.
* Typhoid fever : 400 mg. t.i.d for14 days .
– Note : in chronic recurrent urinary tract infections, if adequate suppression is obtained within the first 4 weeks of therapy the dose of Ultraflox may be reduced to 400 mg. daily
* Prophylaxis :
– Sepsis of profound neutropenia : 400 mg. t.i.d
– Bacterial gastroenteritis : 400 mg. daily starting 24 hrs. prior to arrival and continuing 48 hrs. after departure from endemic areas .
* Renal impairment : the recommended dose is 400 once daily for patients with creatinine clearance of 10-30 ml/min/1.73 m2