- ANTI-INFECTIVE AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Norfloxacin 3 mg / 1 ml
- Active Substance : Norfloxacin
Norfloxacin is a synthetic fluroquinolone , it has activity against a broad spectrum of gram-positive and
gram-negative bacteria .
Norfloxacin has been shown to be active against most strains of the following organisms both in vitro and clinically in ophthalmic infections :
* Haemophilus influenzae .
* Proteus mirabilis .
* Serratia marcescens .
* Staphylococcus aureus.
* Staphylococcus epidermidis .
* Streptococcus pneumoniae .
There is generally no cross-resistance between Norfloxacin and other classes of antibacterial agents When such cross-resistance does occur it is rarely .
Ultraflox ophthalmic solution is indicated for the treatment of the following cases :
* conjunctivitis, * Tarsitis * Ulcerative corneitis .
Appropriate monitoring of bacterial response to topical antibiotic therapy Should accompany the use of
Ultraflox ophthalmic solution .
Ultraflox is contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Norfloxacin or the other members of the quinolone group of antibacterial agents or any other components of this medication .
Side effects :
The use of Ultraflox ophthalmic solution may cause in some patients adverse reactions such as :
* Local burning or discomfort .
* Conjunctival hyperemia .
* a bitter taste following instillation .
* This product should not be administrated to pregnant woman and nursing mother .
* This product should not be administrated to infants below the age of one year .
Dosage & Administration :
The recommended dosage in adults and pediatric patients (one year and older ) 1 – 2 drops applied topically to the affected eye(s) 4 times daily for up to 7 days . Depending on the severity of the infection , The dosage for the first day of therapy may be 1 – 2 drops every 2 hours during the working hours .
Important Note : Ultraflox ophthalmic solution should not be used after one month of opening the Container.
Storage: Store up to 30°C. Protect from light.
Packaging: Ultraflox ophthalmic solution : 5 – 10 ml.