- Topical Corticosteroids
- Ear, Nose, and Oropharynx
- Pharmaceutical Form : Ear drops
- Composition : Flumethasone Pivalate 0.2 mg + Clioquinol 10 mg / 1 ml
- Active Substance : Flumethasone Pivalate+Clioquinol
– Flumethasone pivalate : is a topical corticosteroid which exerts an anti-inflammatory
antiallergic, vasoconstrictive, and anti – proliferative effect . It has a quick effect in relief
an itching while of the same time reducing swelling .
– Vioform is active against a broad spectrum of pathogenic micro-organisms, including fungi ( e.g. candida, microsporum, trichophyton ) and gram-positive bacteria (e.g. Staphylococci ) It has also a moderate inhibitory effect on gram-negative bacteria .
The excipient of Viocortine do not leave any residue in the auditory meatus, but has an emolient effect to the secretores and ease the cleaning of the meatus .
– Eczema of the external auditory meatus in which secondary infection with microorganisms
sensitive to vioform has occured .
– Otitis externa .
– Otomycosis .
– Hepatic disease
– Hypersensitivity to any of the components product and to iodine.
– Viral dermal infections. – Tuberculosis of the skin .
– Perforation of the ear-drum .
– Syphilitic skin affections .
Side Effects :
Viocortine is rarely cause side effects as : irritation, itching, burning, and hypersensitivity
If any untoward reactions occurs discontinue therapy .
– Should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation period .
– Should not be used in children under two years of age .
– Should not be allowed to come in contact with the conjunctiva .
– If there is a risk that perforation of the ear – drum may occur, Viocortine should not be used
Dosage & Administration :
– Clean the external canal of the ear and dry it before each using the otic drops .
– Instill (2-3) drops in the affected ear twice daily, or as the doctor’s prescriptions .
– The period of therapy should not exceed 10 days .
Bottle containing 10 ml.